As regulated professionals, audiologists and speech-language pathologists have the option of incorporating their practice as a professional corporation.
If you require legal and/or financial advice regarding incorporation, you must contact a lawyer and/or an accountant.
Benefits of professional corporations are:
- Access to external investment funding
- Advantages of corporate tax rules
- Corporate status
Key features of professional corporations are:
- Professional liability is not limited by incorporation.
- The name of the professional corporation must include the words “Professional Corporation” or “Société Professionelle” and cannot be a number name.
- The shareholders of a professional corporation must be members of the College and must be from the same profession.
- The professional corporation may not carry on a business other than the practice of the profession.
To become a “professional corporation”, you may apply to obtain a Certificate of Authorization from CASLPO.
Certificate of Authorization Package Downloads:
NEW Starting this year, the renewal of your certificate of authorization must be completed online. You must use the link emailed to your Corporate email address to access the renewal for your certificate of authorization.
If you did not receive an email please email Professional Corporations at CASLPO.